Hart Wagner LLP
Janet Schroer is a partner at Portland, Oregon-based Hart Wagner LLP. Her practice emphasizes civil litigation, including tort, contract, medical and professional malpractice, business and constitutional law, in both the trial and appellate courts, as well as professional licensing matters.
Janet frequently serves the firm’s clients in the Oregon Court of Appeals, Oregon Supreme Court, and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. She also represents her clients' business, professional and personal interests before various trial courts and licensing agencies. Her practice requires that she often work closely with the client’s general counsel or trial lawyer on appellate matters, and so she has developed strong and long-lasting relationships with other lawyers.
Janet has handled well over 50 cases to final decision in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. She has handled 31 cases to final opinion in the Oregon Supreme Court, 127 cases with opinions in the Oregon Court of Appeals, and many more that were affirmed without opinion. She also has handled appeals in the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, Idaho Supreme Court, Nevada Supreme Court, and Washington Court of Appeals and Supreme Court.
Oregon State Courts, 1981
United States District Court for District of Oregon, 1981
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 1981
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 2009
U.S. Supreme Court, 1992
- Co-author: Appeal and Review: Beyond the Basics 2014 edition, chapter on Effective Written Advocacy
- Co-editor: Civil Pleading and Practice CLE, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2006, 2011
- Litigation Section Executive Committee, 1988-1994 (Chair, 1992-1993)
- Local Professional Responsibility Committee, 1987-1991
- Civil Litigation CLE Program Planner, 1990-1996
- Oregon Trial Advocacy College, 2008-2011
- Judicial Screening Committee, 1994-1997 (Chair, 1996-1997)
- Amicus Committee, 1994-present
- Professional Liability Practice Leader, 1994-1995
- Publications Committee, 1992-1994
- Medical Malpractice Loss Prevention Education Committee, 1993-1996
- Planner for and Speaker at Medical Malpractice Loss Prevention Seminars, 1993-2010