Ms. Yoshimoto’s practice focuses on representing both lenders and borrowers in real estate and asset based secured transactions, and representing buyers and sellers in a variety of land transactions including financing, development and sales of residential subdivision, condominium and mixed-use projects, commercial ground and space leasing and real estate due diligence.
Speeches and Seminars
- Speaker, “Killing Two Birds With One Drone: Protecting Real Property Owners and Personal Privacy in the Emerging Age of Drones”, Hawaii Chapter of the Lambda Alpha International Society for the Advancement of Land Economics (Honolulu, Hawaii, June 1, 2018)Speaker, “Confidentiality Agreements”, Stand Alone Round Table Session, American College of Real Estate Lawyers 2016 Mid-Year Meeting (San Diego, California, March 19, 2016)
- Speaker, “Ground Lease Financing: Landlord and Lender Perspectives”, American College of Mortgage Attorneys 41st Annual Meeting (Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, September 19, 2014)
- Speaker, “Case and Client Management Basics for the Commercial Real Estate Lawyer”, Hawaii State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education (December 14, 2011)
- Speaker, Hawaii Real Estate Law Manual Vol. 3 seminar, Hawaii State Bar Association Convention (September 23, 2011)
- Speaker, “Maximizing a Lender’s Ability to Respond to a Commercial Mortgage Default,” presented to various commercial real estate loan officers of Hawaii financial institutions (Spring 2009)
- Speaker, “New Hawaii Condominium Statute,” presented to various commercial real estate lenders of Hawaii financial institutions (Summer 2006)
- Program Chair, “New Condominium Law in Hawaii” sponsored by Hawaii State Bar Association (May 31, 2006)
- Speaker, “Structuring the Commercial Loan In Hawaii” sponsored by National Business Institute (March 16, 2004)
- Speaker, “Commercial Real Estate Financing in Hawaii” sponsored by Lorman Education Services (February 19, 2003 and February 19, 2004)
- Speaker, “Overview of the U.S. Patriot Act” presented at the Hawaii Financial Regulatory Compliance Association membership meeting (March 5, 2002)
- Speaker, “Effective Legal Writing for Paralegals in Hawaii” sponsored by the Institute for Paralegal Education (April 4, 2000)
Articles & Publications
- Co-Editor, Hawaii Real Estate Law Manual (3rd edition; Vol I. pending publication 2018)
- Co-Author, “Recent Developments in the Law of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Drones) and Applications for Mortgage Lenders”, The Abstract, American College of Mortgage Attorneys (Fall 2016)
- Co-Author, Hawaii Chapter of the “Commercial Lending Law: A State-by-State Guide,” American Bar Association Business Law Section, Commercial Finance Committee (2nd edition, 2015).
- Co-Author, “ABA Survey of Hawaii State Law of Guaranties,” American Bar Association’s 50 State Survey of Laws of Guaranties Task Force publication (Spring 2013).
- Author, “Mortgages and Other Security Instruments,” Hawaii Real Estate Law Manual, Vol. 3 (2nd Edition) (2011)
- Author, “Release of Mortgage and Other Release Forms,” Hawaii Conveyance Manual (5th Edition) (2010)
- Editor, Ka Nu Hou newsletter, Hawaii State Bar Association, Real Property and Financial Services Section (2005)
- Co-Author, “Don’t Be Caught By Surprise: Is Your Business a ‘Financial Institution’ Under the New Privacy Law?”, Pacific Business News, Vol. 39, No. 34, Business Law Supplement
- Co-Author, “The Influence of Perceived Source Reward Value on Attributions of Deception”, Communication Research Reports, No. 1, June 1993