Jimmy Adams is a versatile and seasoned litigator with more than 20 years of experience in arbitrations and federal and state courts. Jimmy represents clients on issues related to noncompetition agreements, health care, professional malpractice, and all types of corporate and commercial disputes.
Jimmy has spoken at CLE conferences on employment non-competition agreements.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a North Carolina Super Lawyer in Business Litigation by Law & Politics magazine, 2009-2019
- Recognized as a "Litigation Star" by Benchmark Litigation for General Commercial, 2015-2019
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Council of the Litigation Section, North Carolina Bar Association, 2003-2005
- Editor, "Litigator", Newsletter of the North Carolina Bar Association Litigation Section, 2001-03
- Member, Litigation Section, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Litigation and Intellectual Property Sections, American Bar Association
- Member, Antitrust and Complex Business Litigation, American Bar Association
- Member, Citizen Lawyer Committee, North Carolina Bar Association
- Chairman, 2001-03, and Member, 1997--, Cornerstone Baptist Church
- Member, Board of Directors, Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, 2011-2014; Member, Executive Committee, 2012-2015; Chairman, Business Services Special Committee, 2012-2015
- "Legal Landmines: Social Media Usage as Trial Evidence," Greensboro Public Library Foundation, February 2012
- "North Carolina Supreme Court Re-Affirms Classic View of "Blue-Pencil Doctrine" for Non-Competition Agreements", April 4, 2016