Chris Oates brings considerable experience to his clients and concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial real estate and land use law. He is a former leader of the firm’s commercial real estate group.
- He is routinely involved in the acquisition, development, financing, and leasing of urban and suburban office complexes, mixed-use developments, hotels, and retail shopping center facilities.
- He has represented municipal interests and private developers in public/private joint ventures, economic incentive agreements, and other collaborations.
- He has also been involved with the negotiation of lease agreements, restrictive covenants, and operating and reciprocal easement agreements for developer, lender, and tenant clients.
- He has assisted developers with zoning issues and obtaining variances before municipal boards.
- He has written and lectured on commercial real estate leasing issues, especially the negotiation of retail leases.