Mr. Davis advises companies and their owners on the legal aspects of business operations and transactions, including legal and tax strategies, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and shareholder disputes. He holds an LLM in Taxation and has extensive experience in legal matters related to business location and expansion, including the negotiation and implementation of economic incentives. He frequently advises multi-national businesses on issues associated with the establishment and operation of U.S. business entities.
Mr. Davis was named to Greenville Business Magazine's 2016 Legal Elite of the Upstate for International Law.
- Served as Lead Outside Counsel to largest single announced investment Economic Development Project in South Carolina history.
- Represented a large national information systems company in connection with the sale of the company to a publicly-held acquirer.
- Represented numerous global manufacturing companies in the establishment and operation of U.S. subsidiary entities.
- Represented a global manufacturer in the negotiation and implementation of economic incentives involving more than $600 million in capital investment in South Carolina.
- Served as South Carolina counsel in privatization transactions totaling over $1 billion in assets.
- Represented minority shareholder in the successful resolution of oppression claims and purchase of shareholder’s interest.
- Represented majority equity owner of a marketing and consulting business in sale to a management group purchaser.
- Represented master franchisor of a global franchise business in franchisee dispute matters.
- Represented early stage technology company in connection with national contract negotiations with its publicly-traded customer.
- Represented national construction supply business in the asset acquisition of specialty product line including multi-national intellectual property rights and supply contracts.
- Represented management in connection with shareholder claims challenging management refusal to consider acquirer’s offer to purchase company.