Eric L. Cochran is a corporate attorney, concentrating in mergers and acquisitions, securities law and general corporate law.
Mr. Cochran has represented clients in many significant, high-profile matters, including:
- Mylan, Inc. in its pending acquisition of Agila Specialties Private Limited (India) from Strides Arcolab Limited (India);
- the unsecured creditors’ committee of AMR Corporation, the parent company of American Airlines Inc., in AMR’s pending $11 billion merger with US Airways Group, Inc., as part of AMR’s Chapter 11 reorganization. This transaction was recognized in the Corporate & Commercial category in the Financial Times’ 2013 U.S. “Innovative Lawyers” report;
- Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. in its unsolicited offer for Vulcan Materials Company;
- L-1 Identity Solutions, Inc. in the sale of its intelligence services business to BAE Systems, Inc., and in the sale of the balance of L-1 to Safran SA;
- Delphi Corporation in its comprehensive restructuring, including in negotiations with various plan investors and with General Motors Corporation;
- The BISYS Group, Inc. in its acquisition by Citibank, N.A.;
- Mylan Laboratories Inc. in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Matrix Laboratories Limited and in the unsolicited offer by Carl Icahn to acquire Mylan and the associated proxy fight;
- Integra Group in its listing on the London Stock Exchange; and
- the management of Michael Foods, Inc. in a series of transactions, including the sale of the company to GS Capital Partners.
Mr. Cochran has been listed in numerous editions of Chambers USA
as a leading lawyer for business. In addition, he has been repeatedly selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America
Mr. Cochran also is actively involved in the firm’s management and administration, including the administration of the Mergers and Acquisitions Group and the firm’s efforts to promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.