Eli W. Mansour counsels clients on a variety of business matters
including intellectual property, aviation law and equipment finance.
Eli’s practice focuses on the development, protection and licensing of
technology and related intellectual property, including drafting and
negotiating technology development, manufacturing, distribution and
licensing agreements. He has extensive experience in device discovery
agreements, joint venture agreements and technology assignment, and
transfer transactions, as well as advising corporate flight departments
and individuals seeking to acquire, lease or share the use of turboprop
and turbojet aircraft.
Intellectual Property Transactions
- Represented licensors and licensees in over 500 licensing transactional matters.
- Negotiated patent license agreement for an enabling technology in the
human nutrition industry with a major international food and supplement
- Prepared and negotiated all intellectual property agreements
associated with the spin-off of a medical technology from an NIH-funded
- Provided counsel with respect to and negotiated a joint venture
agreement in the pharmaceutical space between a US based public generic
drug reseller and an Indian drug manufacturer.
- Provided counsel on commercialization strategy and drafted and
negotiated all license, maintenance and custom programming agreements
for a software publisher.
- Managed and conducted intellectual property due diligence related to a
contemplated acquisition of a major international patent and trademark
- Negotiated license agreements with chemical process licensors in the petroleum and gas industry for an India based project.
- Provided counsel and developed an international brand protection and
commercialization strategy for a lifestyle brand apparel company.
Aviation Law And Equipment Finance
- Represented purchasers and sellers in over 100 aircraft acquisition transactions.
- Represented purchasers of aircraft in qualifying for exemptions from the California sales and use tax.
- Assisted with the formation of and drafted all contracts for a new SubPart K fractional program.
- Represented aircraft owner in warranty claims against engine
manufacturer arising from a catastrophic engine failure in a new
- Assisted CEO in designing and implementing an aircraft leasing program
with his public company which maximized tax deductions to the company
while minimizing disallowance due to the CEO’s personal use.
- Drafted and negotiated aircraft finance documents on behalf of a major bank.