David M. Kaplan is co-chair of the Employee Benefits Practice Group of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Philadelphia office.
His practice encompasses all areas of employee benefits law and executive compensation, with a special emphasis on:
- design, negotiation and documentation of stock-based compensation arrangements, deferred compensation arrangements and senior executive employment, change in control and separation agreements
- public company executive compensation disclosures
- required and best practices regarding the grant of stock-based compensation
- design and operation of ERISA plans
- benefits and compensation aspects of corporate transactions.
Mr. Kaplan typically represents corporations, the compensation committees of their boards of directors and financial investors. In select instances, however, he also represents management groups and individual senior executives.
Mr. Kaplan is listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
and The Best Lawyers in America
Mr. Kaplan is a member of the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals and the Tax Section of the American Bar Association. He occasionally guest lectures at the Temple University Beasley School of Law on topics related to executive compensation.