Clint represents state, regional and national businesses in various bankruptcy/financial restructuring matters. Clint enjoys challenging cases involving extensive court work, and thrives on first day motions in Bankruptcy Court where there is an evidentiary hearing on short notice that can decide the outcome of the case.
He also represents his clients in partnership disputes and fiduciary duty claims among partners. He tries cases and presents arguments in wide-ranging contexts in front of the District and Superior Courts of North Carolina, the North Carolina Business Court, the North Carolina Court of Appeals, and the Federal District Courts of North Carolina.
A seasoned intellectual property litigator, Clint represents clients on a wide range of complex issues related to trade secrets, trademarks, patent litigation, and unfair competition.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in Litigation - Bankruptcy (2020)
- Selected for Benchmark Litigation's "Under 40 Hot List" (2017-2019)
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Business North Carolina's "Legal Elite" in the Young Guns category (2018-2019)
- Recognized in North Carolina Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) as a “Rising Star” in Business Litigation (2013-2019)
- Herb Falk Society Pro Bono Award (Greensboro Bar Association)
Community & Professional Involvement
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Horsepower Therapeutic Learning Center (2018-present)
- Member, Board of Directors, Seven Homes Foster Care & Adoption Agency (2013-2017)
- Member, Future Fund Grant-Making Committee and Steering Committee (2012-2017)
- Member, Guilford County Inns of Court (2013-2015)
Publications & Media
- Co-presenter (with John Small), “Intersection of Landlord-Tenant Law and Bankruptcy," UNC School of Law Festival of Legal Learning, February 2017
- Co-presenter, "Partial Business Interests in Bankruptcy: Voting and Control Rights and Other Issues", North Carolina Bar Association's 39th Annual Bankruptcy Institute, November 2016
- Co-presenter (with John Small), “My Business Associate Filed Bankruptcy! What Do I Need to Know? A Primer for the Business Counselor," UNC School of Law Festival of Legal Learning, February 2016