Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
As a shareholder in the Milwaukee office of Ogletree Deakins, I represent employers before federal and state courts, arbitrators and administrative agencies throughout the country in nearly all areas of employment law, with particular focus in the following:
• Union relations
• Wage and Hour
• Noncompetes and other Restrictive Covenants
• Employee Benefits Litigation
• Employment Discrimination
I pride myself on providing thoughtful analysis and practical application of the legal rights and obligations of employers.
• Defending class action cases
• Representing clients in labor arbitrations and in unfair labor practice proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board – tried more than 150 arbitration cases
• Advising organized and union-free employers on employment and labor law/assisting with problem prevention
• Drafting employment agreements and company policies with confidentiality, non-competition and other restrictive covenants
• Counseling employers on reductions and reorganizations, harassment issues, disability accommodation, problematic terminations, collective bargaining strategy
• Conducted or directing internal investigations of serious matters with potential for high liability exposure
My experience as a trial lawyer includes trying cases before juries and judges in federal courts in Illinois, Wisconsin, New York and Missouri, as well as in state courts in Wisconsin and Illinois. I also have argued appeals before the United States Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, Fourth, Sixth, Seventh and Tenth Circuits.