Ben W. Subin is a partner with Holland & Knight, the practice group leader of its Florida Construction Industry Group, and serves as a member of the firm's Directors Committee.
Mr. Subin's practice focuses on domestic and international construction contracting and federal government contracts. He has represented contractors, owners and manufacturers on a range of industrial, commercial, energy and infrastructure projects, including power plants, seawater desalination facilities, water/wastewater treatment facilities, reservoirs, citrus processing facilities, wind turbine projects, commercial buildings, hospitals and retail centers.
In the power industry, he has extensively represented EPC contractors and turbine manufacturers on power plant projects both domestically and abroad. Mr. Subin also practices and routinely represents clients in government contract matters, including both the pursuit and the defense of bid protests at the federal, state and local government level.
Mr. Subin is Florida Bar Board Certified in Construction Law. He is AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized by Chambers USA, The Legal 500 USA, The Best Lawyers in America and Florida Super Lawyers as a leading attorney in Construction Law.
Selected recent representations by Mr. Subin include:
- defense of claims totaling $500 million arising from a turbine purchase agreement
- defense of claims totaling $80 million arising from the construction of a 1,040 megawatt power generation facility
- defense of claims totaling $51 million arising from the construction of a 50million-gallons-per-day seawater desalination facility
- pursuit of claims totaling $45 million arising from the construction of cement processing facility
- defense of contractor involving a $9 million default termination claim on a resort project