Andre J. Cronthall is a partner in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s Los Angeles office.
Andre is a trial lawyer who handles complex commercial litigation as lead counsel in civil jury trials involving complex business disputes. He has litigated numerous matters from inception through appeal for insurers and other financial institutions, manufacturers and sellers, business owners and public entities. Andre focuses on insurance law, products liability, commercial contract disputes and professional liability. His notable matters include:
- Representing the City of Ontario in its successful effort to return the Ontario International Airport to local control.
- Serving as lead trial lawyer in a Los Angeles jury trial in which the jury rendered a verdict in favor of insurers after it was proven that an alleged armed robbery of a wholesale jewelry company did not occur even though the “robbery” was partially captured on video and one of the owners was bound and gagged.
- Obtaining summary judgment for Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s in a lawsuit involving the destruction of a factory and the theft of millions of goods in Indonesia.
- Obtaining a jury verdict for a national health insurer in a case challenging the insurer’s marketing practices.
- Obtaining dismissal of a Japanese communications company from a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles by a Taiwanese supplier.
- Successfully arbitrating a higher contingent sales price for the seller of a workers’ compensation insurance company.