Amy Johnson concentrates her practice in the area of public finance. She regularly represents clients as counsel to underwriters, banks, issuers and trustees, as well as disclosure counsel. Amy currently serves as Disclosure Counsel to the State of North Carolina, a position she has held since 2017.
In her role as Disclosure Counsel to the State of North Carolina, Amy leads the State’s communications and disclosure to its investors.
In addition, Amy co-leads the firm’s Diversity Committee. She also serves as Vice Chair of the Alumni Engagement Committee for the UNC School of Law and also serves on the board of directors for PFLAG Charlotte.
- Disclosure Counsel, $400,000,000 General Obligation Public Improvement (Connect NC), Series 2020A
- Disclosure Counsel, $700,000,000 State of North Carolina Limited Obligation (Build NC) Bonds, Series 2020B
- Bank Counsel, $150,000,000 Credit Agreement with The Trustees of Columbia University of the City of New York
- Underwriter’s Counsel, Durham Capital Financing Corporation$17,120,000 Limited Obligation Bonds, Series 2020A and $100,280,000 Taxable Refunding Limited Obligations Bonds, Series 2020B (County of Durham, North Carolina)
- Bank Counsel, $17,000,000 South Carolina Jobs-Economic Development Authority Economic Development Revenue Bond(The Woodlands at Furman Project) Entrance Fee, Series 2020
- Underwriter’s Counsel, $33,605,000 Indiana Finance Authority Educational Facilities Revenue Bonds, Series 2019 (DePauw University Project)
- Bank Counsel, $150,000,000 Direct Purchase Loan to Shelby County, Tennessee, 2019