Allen Sussman engages in a general corporate and securities practice for companies ranging from newly formed startup teams to mature public companies in a variety of industries, including healthcare, entertainment, technology and banking. He also represents private equity investors and activist shareholders in acquisition transactions and control contests.
- Public-Company Issues. Mr. Sussman regularly advises U.S. and foreign public companies on their disclosure and compliance obligations under SEC and stock exchange rules, corporate governance issues, complex securities law problems and capital-raising transactions.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. Mr. Sussman represents companies and investors in public and private mergers and acquisitions, tender and exchange offers, asset acquisitions and dispositions, spin-offs, and strategic partnering and joint venture arrangements.
- Public and 144A Offerings. Mr. Sussman represents U.S. and foreign issuers in offerings of equity and debt securities.
- Emerging-Company Issues. Mr. Sussman counsels start-up and emerging companies on a variety of topics, including choice of entity and other formation issues, capital raising transactions, stock compensation programs and executive employment matters.
- Private Equity/Activist Shareholders. Mr. Sussman represents private equity investors and venture capitalists in acquisition transactions and investments in equity, debt and convertible instruments. He also represents activist shareholders in proxy contests and corporate governance matters.
- Banking and Financial Services. Mr. Sussman represents banks, thrifts and REITs on corporate and securities matters, mergers and acquisitions and regulatory compliance issues. During the financial crisis, he advised the FDIC on the resolution of failed banks and thrifts.
Mr. Sussman is a frequent speaker on corporate, securities and banking topics, and has appeared as a guest commentator on CNBC to discuss SEC matters.